R3 Silverlight Support
This chapter describes how to enable Windows Embedded CE 6.0 R3 Silverlight support
1 OpenGL Support
Silverlight uses OpenGL API, therefore uses the OMAP3530 / dm3730 on-chip OpenGL HW accelerator.
In order to use the OpenGL accelerator, the PowerVR SW component should be included in the workspace.
Follow the following steps:
- Download PowerVR latest version from Variscite FTP site. The package should reside under /OMAP/WindowsCE/Release/x.y.z/PowerVR/ folder, where "x.y.z" should be substituted with the version of latest BSP.
- Follow the installation instructions in the _Installation.txt file, residing in the mentioned above folder
- Open working solution in Visual Studio 2005. For example VAR_OM35xx_REL.
- Go to the Catalog view
- Open Third Party folder
- Check PowerVR and open it as folder
- Check OpenGLES 2.0 form the 3D API folder
For more details reference to OpenGL on VAR-SOM-OM35 Windows CE topic.
2 Enable Silverlight Components
- Go to the Solution Explorer
- Right click on the solution name
- Choose Properties
- Go to the Configuration Properties > Environment
- Set New environment variable SYSGEN_XAML_RuntimeCreates to be 1
- Set New environment variable BSP_XRPLUGIN_OPENGL to be 1
- Set New environment variable SYSGEN_SAMPLEXAMLPERF to be 1. This settings optional for including Silverlight examples
Perform CLEAN SYSGEN build.