VAR-SOM-OM37/AM35 Linux Boot From SD-CARD
VAR-SOM-AM35/OM37 Boot From SD-CARD
Booting from SD-Card allows you to re-flash XLDR, UBOOT and Kernel images even if flash images are corrupted.
Follow the below procedure to creat a bootable SD-Card (Procedure is for Windows hosts).
- Unrar supplied HP USB Disk Storage Format Tool V2.0.6.rar tool. Format tool can be found under : \VAR-SOM-OM35_VAR-SOM-OM37_VAR-SOM-AM35\Software\SD_Card_format_tool both on Supplied CD or in Variscite's FTP. For access code to Variscite's FTP, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- format an SD-Card using the tool (only via the supplied tool!)
- copy MLO U-BOOT.BIN files into SD-Card. File can be found in the pre-built images folder of the appropriate platform.
- Launch hyper-terminal and connect rs-232 cable to PC
- press and hold "boot-select" button on evaluation kit
- power-up kit and wait for u-boot (linux bootloader) logs on hyper terminal to appear.