VAR-SOM-AM43 Yocto NAND Recovery
1 NAND Recovery introduction
As an easy and fast way to recover the VAR-SOM-AM43 NAND flash, Variscite provides a recovery SD card image that can be used to install the pre-built Linux and Android systems.
This SD card image includes a script (nand-recovery.sh) that installs all the boot images and root file-system.
Preparing rescue SD-Card
- Plug your SD card to your Linux machine, run dmesg and see what device is added (i.e. /dev/sdX)
- gunzip am43-som-nand-recovery-sd.vX.img.gz (get latest)
- dd if=am43-som-nand-recovery-sd.vX.img of=/dev/sdX bs=128k
2 Creating Variscite's prebuilt rescue SD-Card
- Plug-in the supplied SD card to your Linux HOST PC, run dmesg and see which device is added (i.e. /dev/sdb)
- Download am43-som-nand-recovery-sd.vX.img.gz from ftp://Customerv:Variscite1@ftp.variscite.com/VAR-SOM-AM43/Software/
$ sudo umount /dev/sdX* $ zcat am43-som-nand-recovery-sd.vX.img.gz | sudo dd of=/dev/sdX bs=1M Replace /dev/sdX with your actual device.
3 Connect target debug serial to linux host
Follow : http://www.variscite.com/images/stories/DataSheets/VAR_DVK_AM43_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf
to connect target serial debug port to host PC
4 Boot NAND recovery SD-Card
- Power-off the board.
- Insert the SD card into the SD/MMC slot of the carrier board (DVK)
- Push SW1 to SD-Card mode (On), and SW2 to non-eMMC (off)
- The board will automatically boot into Linux from SD-Card
- login as 'root', no password is required
5 NAND recovery script usage
NAND recovery script usage:
/sbin/nand-recovery.sh This script installs the Linux binaries on the VAR-SOM-AM43 NAND-Flash.