Variscite provides a recovery SD-card image that can be used to install the pre-built U-Boot, Linux kernel and the UBI file system into the Nand-Flash This SD card image includes a script (nand-recovery.sh) that installs all the boot images and root file-system.
1 Preparing rescue SD-Card:
- Plug-in the supplied SD card to your Linux machine, run dmesg and see which device is added (i.e. /dev/sdX or /dev/mmcblk0)
- Download mx6qd-som-nand-recovery-sd.v23.img.gz (or latest which is available on Variscite's FTP)
- For the Dual lite download mx6dl-som-nand-recovery-sd.v23.img.gz
- For the Solo download mx6solo-som-nand-recovery-sd.v23.img.gz
$ gunzip mx6qd-som-nand-recovery-sd.v23.img.gz $ sudo dd if=mx6qd-som-nand-recovery-sd.v23.img of=/dev/sdX bs=128k
2 Recover Nand Flash:
- Insert the SD card into the SD/MMC slot of the custom board
- Press and hold the boot-select button, power-off and power-on the board
- The board will automatically boot into Linux from SD-Card
2.1 Flash from GUI
- Press the right arrow on the upper right corner to change the desktop into Utilities.
- Push FlashAndroid or FlashYocto icon.
2.2 Flash from command line
- Login as root (no password)
- From Linux command line, type: "nand-recovery.sh" (This will install Yocto/Linux on the NAND)
- To install Android type: "nand-recovery.sh -o Android".
- Reboot and Unplug the SD card